Non-GMO | Gluten Free | 90 & 180 Vegetarian Capsules | NPN 80042543
Helps recover after mental and physical stress and exertion
AdrenaSense can help you feel like yourself again since it is designed to provide relief for the symptoms of adrenal stress, including:
- Lack of energy
- Lack of sleep
AdrenaSense® formula supports the adrenals, helps the body deal with stress and promotes uninterrupted sleep. Over-worked adrenals contribute to sleep difficulties, moodiness, cravings, and other problems. Under stress the adrenals release cortisol and adrenaline, hormones that produce an increased heartbeat, sweaty palms, anxiety, and even aggression – physical reactions to help us handle stress. Once the stress is gone, cortisol and adrenaline should turn “off”, but chronic stress can leave them “on” all the time, leading to cellular damage and adrenal exhaustion.
Recommended adult dose:
1 capsule 2 times daily or as directed by a health care practitioner. Take with food.
Each Capsule Contains
|Roseroot Extract (Rhodiola rosea) (root) (3.5% rosavins)||100 mg|
|Suma Powder (Pfaffia paniculata) (root)||100 mg|
|Siberian Ginseng Extract (Eleutherococcus senticosus) (root) (0.25% eleutheroside B, 0.4% eleutheroside E)||100 mg|
|Schisandra Extract (Schisandra chinensis) (fruit) (2% schisandrins)||80 mg|
|Ashwagandha Extract (Withania somnifera) (root) (1.5% withanolides)||80 mg|
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can take AdrenaSense? Is it safe for men to take, or is it only a women’s product?
AdrenaSense can be used by men and women, teenagers, and adults – as all of us are affected by daily stressors.
I am not sure about the ingredient “Siberian Ginseng”. Can you tell me more about it?
Siberian Ginseng is not actually a ginseng, but it is called one because of its similar properties. It has been shown to normalize reactions to physical and mental stress. It can promote vital energy, reduce the frequency of illness, regulate blood sugar, protect the liver, and support optimal adrenal function.
When is the best time of the day to take AdrenaSense for problems sleeping at night?
It is recommended to take AdrenaSense earlier in the day (i.e., with breakfast and/or lunch) as the herbs in this formula do support adrenal gland function, which can be stimulating in some people. However, because AdrenaSense does support adrenal gland function, it will also help indirectly with melatonin production – which also helps with sleep.
Is AdrenaSense gluten free?
Yes, we do have confirmation on file that there is no gluten added and no gluten present in AdrenaSense. However, our manufacturing facility is NOT a gluten free facility, and as we do process products that contain gluten we are unable to confirm 100% that there is no possibility of cross contamination.
Still have a question? Don’t hesitate to ask.
References and Studies:
1. Edwards D, Heufelder A, Zimmermann A. Therepeutic effects and safety of Rhodiola rosea extract WS 1375 in subjects withlife-stress symptoms—results of an open-label study. Phytother Res 2012;26:1220-5.
2. Spasov AA, Wikman GK, Mandrikov VB, et al. A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of the stimulating and adaptogenic effect of Rhodiola rosea SHR-5 extract on the fatigue of students caused by stress during an examination period with a repeated low-dose regimen. Phytomedicine 2000;7:85–9.
3. Spasov AA, Mandrikov VB, Mironova IA. The effect of the preparation rhodiosin on the psychophysiological and physical adaptation of students to an academic load. Eksp Klin Farmakol 2000;63:76-8.
4. Shevtsov VA, Zholus BI, Shervarly VI, et al. A randomized trial of two different doses of SHR-5 rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work. Phytomed 2003;10:95-105.
5. Olsson EMG, von Scheele B, Panossian AG. A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallelgroup study of the standardised extract shr-5 of the roots of Rhodiola rosea in the treatment of subjects with stress-related fatigue. Planta Med 2009;75:105-12.
6. Dimpfel W. Neurophysiological effects of Rhodiola rosea extract containing capsules:A double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled study. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences 2014;3:157-165.
7. Facchinetti F, Neri I, Tarabusi M. Eleutherococcus senticosus reduces cardiovascular response in healthy subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Stress Health 2002;18:11-17.
8. Farnsworth N, Kinghorn A, Soejarto D, et al. Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus): current status as an adaptogen. In Wagner H, Hikino H, Farnsworth NR (eds.). Economic and Medicinal Plant Research, Vol. I.London, UK: Academic Press;1985:155-215, 217-84.
9. Panossian A, Wikman G. Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: an overview of Russian research and uses in medicine. J Ethnopharmacol 2008;118:183-212.
10. Lebedev AA. On the pharmacology of Schizandra. In: Lazarev NV, ed. Materials for the Study of Ginseng and Schizandra. Moscow: Far East Branch of USSR Academy of Science;1995:178-88.
11. Lebedev AA. Schizandrin—a new stimulant from Schizandra chinensis fruits. Dissertation for a Degree in Medicine. Tashkent, Tashkent University 1967;16.
12. Lebedev AA. Appraisal of the stimulative action of Schizandra chinensis. In: Materials for the Study of the Stimulative and Tonic Actions of Ginseng and Schizandra chinensis; Moscow: Academy of Science of USSR;1995:182-85.
13. Aslanyan G, Amroyan E, Gabrielyan E, et al. Double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised study of the single dose effects of ADAPT-232 on cognitive functions. Phytomed 2010;17:494-499.
14. Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized doubleblind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med 2012;34:255-262.
15. Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med 2012;34:255-62.
16. Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, et al. A standardized Withania somnifera extract significantly reduces stress-related parameters in chronically stressed humans: A double-blind, randomized, placebocontrolled study. JANA. 2008;11:50-56.
17. Andrade C, Aswath A, Chaturvedi SK, et al. A double blind, placebo-controlled evaluation of the anxiolytic efficacy of an ethanolic extract of Withania somnifera. Indian J Psychiatry2000;42:295–301.
18. Cooley K, Szczurko O, Perri D, et al. Naturopathic Care for Anxiety: A Randomized Controlled Trial ISRCTN78958974. PLoS One 2009;4:e6628.
19. Pratte MA, Nanavati KB, Young V, et al. An alternative treatment for anxiety: a systematic review of human trial results reported for the Ayurvedic herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). J Altern Complement Med 2014;20:901-908.