Non-GMO | Gluten Free | 90 Vegetarian Capsules | NPN 80069587
Natural Support for Sleep and Relaxation
SomniSense® is a natural sleep aid containing passion-flower, skullcap, California poppy, linden flower, and hawthorn berry extracts. The combination of these herbs works as a natural sedative that promotes sleep as well as having a calming effect. Health care practitioners recommend SomniSense® to help relieve symptoms of nervousness and to promote restful sleep.
Women looking for a natural sleep aid can get the following benefits from SomniSense®:
- Combination of four main herbal extracts to promote calmness and support healthy sleep
- Provides mild analgesic action to help reduce physical discomforts at bedtime
- Helps relieve nervousness
- Supports cognitive health through healthy sleep promotion
Hormonal and physical changes in a woman’s life, such as menopause, all have an impact on sleep health. Sleep is extremely important not just for the brain but the rest of the body. Recent evidence suggests that sleep loss could be a risk factor that affects your mood, heart, weight, and blood sugar.
SomniSense® offers a herbal solution for women who want a natural sleep aid. Traditionally used in herbal medicine passionflower, California poppyseed, skullcap and linden extracts all help promote calmness and healthy sleep. In addition the analgesic properties of California poppy help ease physical discomfort which often hinders or interrupts sleep. The SomniSense® formula also includes Hawthorn berry (Crataegus monogya) which is known to help relieve nervous tension as well as promote sleep.
Recommended adult dose: 2–4 capsules with food 1 hour before bedtime or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Contains No artificial preservatives, colours, or sweeteners. It contains no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs.
Each Capsule Contains
|Passionflower 4:1 extract (Passiflora incarnata) (herb top)||125 mg|
|California-poppy 4:1 extract (Eschscholzia californica) (herb top)||62.5 mg|
|Skullcap 4:1 extract (Scutellaria lateriflora) (herb top)||75 mg|
|Linden 5:1 extract (Tilia cordata) (flower)||50 mg|
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), Crataegus monogyna fruit, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), silica.
Do you have a question? Don’t hesitate to ask.
1. Salgueiro, J.B., Ardenghi, P., Dias, M., et al. (1997). Anxiolytic natural and synthetic flavonoid ligands of the central benzodiazepine receptor have no effect on memory tasks in rate. Pharmacol Biochem Behav, 58(4), 887-91.
2. Ngan, A. Conduit, R. (2011). A double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the effects of Passiflora incarnata (passionflower) herbal tea on subjective sleep quality. Phytother Res, 25(8), 1153-9.
3. Paul, L.D., Springer, D., Staack, R.F., et al. (2004). Cytochrome P450 isoenzymes involved in rat liver microsomal metabolism of californine and protopine. Eur J Pharmacol, 485, 69-79.
4. Shi, Y., Dong, J.W., Zhao, J.H., et al. (2014) Herbal insomnia medications that target GABAergic systems: a review of the psychopharmacological evidence. Curr Neuropharmacol, 12(3), 289-302.
5. Jensen, K. (2016). Three Brains: How the Heart, Brain, and Gut Influence Mental Health and Identity. Coquitlam, BC, Canada: Mind Publishing Inc.
6. Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products. (2012). Assessment report on Tilia cordata Miller, Tilia platyphyllos Scop.., Tilia x vulgaris Heyne or their mixtures, flos. Eur Med Age.
7. Anesini, C., Werner, S., Borda, E. (1999). Effect of Tilia cordata flower on lymphocyte proliferation: participation of peripheral type benzodiazepine binding sites. Fitoterapia, 70(4), 361-7