Non-GMO | Gluten Free | 90 & 180 Vegetarian Capsules | NPN 80057648
Supports thyroid health and helps metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats
If you are experiencing symptoms such as: weight gain, fatigue, moodiness, poor concentration, anxiety, low libido, cold intolerance, dry hair and brittle nails, hair loss, night sweats, insomnia or constipation – low thyroid could be your problem. If you suspect you have low thyroid (hypothyroidism) you should see your health care practitioner for testing.
In general, low thyroid (hypothyroid) is a common condition in North America affecting between 20 and 25 per cent of the female population and about 10 percent of males. In addition, approximately 30 per cent of people over the age of 35 may have sub-clinical or mild hypothyroidism.
ThyroSense does not replace your prescription thyroid medication, but can help deal with the symptoms. It is a proven natural combination of important nutrients including L-tyrosine, ashwagandha, guggul, pantothenic acid, copper, manganese and iodine that can help enhance thyroid function. ThyroSense is recommended by health care practitioners for support of thyroid health in those with symptoms of low thyroid.
This product is not intended for use by those with hyperthyroid. Please consult your health care practitioner.
Recommended adult dose:
2–4 capsules daily. 2 capsules with breakfast and 2 capsules with lunch or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Each Capsule Contains
|Ashwagandha Extract (5:1) (Withania somnifera) (root)||75 mg|
|Guggul Extract (Commiphora wightii) (gum oleoresin) (2.5% guggulsterone)||60 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (calcium d-pantothenate)||50 mg|
|Copper (gluconate)||250 mcg|
|Manganese (citrate)||250 mcg|
|Iodine (potassium iodide)||50 mcg|
|Selenium (selenomethionine)||25 mcg|
Vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
1. L-Tyrosine [Monograph]. Retrieved from http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/monoReq.do?id=131&lang=eng
2. Ashwagandha [Monograph]. Retrieved from http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/monoReq.do?id=35&lang=eng
3.Multi-Vitamin/Mineral – safety and efficacy of Pantothenic acid, Copper, Manganese, and Iodine [Monograph]. Retrieved from: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/prodnatur/applications/licen-prod/monograph/multi_vitmin_suppl-eng.php
4. Panda S, Kar A. (2005) Guggulu (commiphora mukul) potentially ameliorates hypothyroidism in female mice. Phytother. Res,. 19:78-80.
5. Panda S, Kar A. (1999) Gugulu (Commiphora mukul) induces triiodothyronine production: possible involvement of lipid peroxidation. Life Sci., 65:PL137-41.
1. American Thyroid Association. Hypothyroidism. May 21, 2012. http://www.thyroid.org/what-is-hypothyroidism/
2. Nussey S and Whitehead S. The Thyroid Gland. IN: Endocrinology: An Integrated Approach. Oxford: BIOS Scientific Publishers; 2001.
3. Nyenwe EA and Dagogo-Jack S. Iodine Deficiency Disorders in the Iodine-Replete Environment. Am J Med Sci. 2009 January; 337(1): 37–40.
4. Mishra LC, Singh BB and Dagenais S. Scientific Basis for the Therapeutic Use of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha): A Review. Altern Med Rev 2000; 5(4) 334-346.
5. Tripathi YB et al. Thyroid Stimulating Action of Z-Guggulsterone Obtained from Commiphora mukul. Planta Med. 1984 Feb;50(1):78-80.
6. Head KA and Kelly GS. Nutrients and Botanicals for the Treatment of Stress: Adrenal Fatigue, Neurotransmitter imbalance, Anxiety and Restless Sleep. Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(2): 114-140.
7. Aihara K et al. Zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium metabolism in thyroid disease. Am J Clin Nuir 1984;40:26-35
Frequently Asked Questions:
I do not have a thyroid gland, but still experience low thyroid symptoms. Can I take ThyroSense?
Yes, individuals who no longer have a thyroid gland can still benefit from taking ThyroSense. Most individuals without a thyroid gland are already on a doctor-prescribed synthetic T4 medication, and most of the conversion of T4 into T3 (the more active thyroid hormone) occurs in the peripheral tissue – meaning some of the active ingredients in ThyroSense can help the medication work better and help create more of the active T3 in the body. Individuals with low thyroid or no thyroid should also consider taking an adrenal formula (ie/AdrenaSense) to help support stressed adrenal glands.
I am taking Synthroid (a prescribed thyroid medication). Can I take ThyroSense too?
Yes, ThyroSense is designed to work in conjunction with your thyroid medication. Take your Synthroid first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then take 2 capsules of ThyroSense with breakfast.
Can I take ThyroSense to help me lose weight?
ThyroSense can potentially help individuals who are trying to lose weight, because it helps support healthy thyroid function. Among other things, the thyroid gland controls how quickly the body uses energy, makes proteins, controls temperature regulation and helps regulate metabolism. Supplementing a healthy lifestyle (good nutrition and exercise) with ThyroSense can certainly help boost the body’s metabolic rate, which in turn can help individuals on the road to successful weight loss.
Everything I am reading on your website about ThyroSense refers to an under-active thyroid. What if mine is overactive? Can I take ThyroSense?
No, unfortunately the ThyroSense formula will do nothing for Hyperthyroidism or Graves Disease.
Are there any foods or supplements that I need to avoid when taking ThyroSense?
There are no foods that are necessary to avoid when taking ThyroSense, however you should avoid taking Calcium, Iron or Antacids within 4 hours (before or after) taking ThyroSense. If you are taking a prescribed Thyroid medication you should space this and ThyroSense out by at least one hour.
Can men take ThyroSense too?
Yes, absolutely – all of the same information that applies to women and thyroid issues would be the same for men.
Does this product contain any natural or artificial additives of any kind?
ThyroSense does NOT contain any natural or artificial additives.
Does this product contain corn?
Yes, the ingredient Guggal Extract does contain corn (and starch).
Is ThyroSense gluten free?
Yes, we do have confirmation on file that there is no gluten added and no gluten present in ThyroSense. However, our manufacturing facility is NOT a gluten free facility, and as we do process products that contain gluten we are unable to confirm 100% that there is no possibility of cross contamination.
Still have a question? Don’t hesitate to ask.