Non-GMO | Gluten Free | 90 & 180 Vegetarian Capsules | NPN 80042543
Helps recover after mental and physical stress and exertion
- Improves mental and physical performance after periods of mental and/or physical exertion
- Relieves general debility
- Aids during convalescence
- Supports healthy cortisol levels and adrenal function
Stressed? No Energy? Losing Sleep?
Improve Stress Symptoms
Early symptoms of adrenal stress include: fatigue, depression, cold hands or feet, dizziness, low back pain, asthma, allergies, sweet cravings, hormonal imbalances, irritability, headaches, gastrointestinal problems, skin problems, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions.
AdrenaSense offers natural support for the adrenal glands to help relieve general fatigue, and improve mental and physical performance.
AdrenaSense is a natural formula containing rhodiola, suma, Siberian ginseng, schisandra, and ashwagandha. Health care practitioners recommend AdrenaSense to help improve mental and physical performance after periods of exhaustion and to temporarily promote relaxation.
Mental and physical stress affects a staggering number of adults. More and more individuals are living busier lives with more commitments, leading to increased stress, both mental and physical. As a result, the human body produces an excess of cortisol, the stress hormone produced by the adrenal glands. Fortunately, there are herbal remedies that have the ability to counter the negative effects of stress.
Roseroot (Rhodiola rosea) has been shown to have a calming effect, while also being able to energize the body. When people suffering from stress were given rhodiola in an open-label study, they reported a significant improvement. Clinicians rated 67.1% of them as experiencing “relevant global improvement” and only 12.4% of them as having no change. Tests of disability for work/school, social life, and family/home all improved significantly (1). During the intense stress of final exams, students who took rhodiola during a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study showed a significant improvement in their grades as well as their mental fatigue and well-being compared to students who took a placebo (2). Other research has also found that rhodiola decreases mental fatigue and aids relaxation, while increasing work capacity, coordination, and general well-being (3). A double-blind study found that a single dose of rhodiola extract given to cadets who were fatigued and stressed had a significant anti-fatigue effect on their capacity to do mental work (4). Another randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study of rhodiola extract on people suffering from stress-related fatigue showed significant improvement in fatigue and ability to concentrate (5). Double-blind research has suggested that rhodiola may actually work by changing gears in the brain, shifting it into a higher degree of wakefulness and cognitive performance. The research shows that a single dose of rhodiola increases delta and theta waves in the brain. Increasing delta waves is associated with wakefulness and improved cognitive performance while increasing theta waves is associated with improved memory retrieval (6).
Siberian ginseng, also known as Eleutherococcus senticosus, has been shown in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to reduce heart rate in response to stress and, in women, to reduce blood pressure, suggesting that it helps with adaptation to stress (7). A review of clinical studies on Siberian ginseng in healthy people in normal and stressful conditions found that this herb has the ability to improve mental and physical work capacity as well as quality of work (8).
Research has shown schisandra to be an adaptogen that improves mental performance and increases work capacity (9).
Rhodiola, eleuthero, schisandra combination
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial studied the effect of the above three herbs in combination. A single dose of the three herb combination significantly improved the speed and accuracy of cognitive performance and improved attention in healthy people suffering from chronic stress when they performed stressful cognitive tasks. The researchers concluded that this herbal combination efficiently and quickly improves attention, speed, and accuracy in tired people who are working under stress (10).
Suma possesses possible adaptogenic properties. It is traditionally held to improve resistance to stress, and to relieve fatigue and increase energy. It is used for extreme stress and physical as well as mental exhaustion.
Ashwagandha has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine in India as an adaptogenic herb with the ability to rejuvenate while relieving stress and anxiety. Modern research has confirmed ashwagandha’s ability to relieve both stress and promote relaxation.
Ashwagandha root extract has been compared to a placebo in healthy people with low sense of well-being and high-sense of stress. At the end of the 60-day randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, scores of perceived stress dropped by 44% in the ashwagandha group versus a drop of only 5% in the placebo group. Importantly, levels of the adrenal stress hormone cortisol dropped by almost 28% in the herb group, but by only 8% in the placebo group (11).
Another randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study also found significant improvement in markers of stress, including decreases in cortisol, and significant improvements in anxiety and well-being in chronically stressed adults (12).
Recommended adult dose: 1 capsule 2 times daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Each 2 vegetarian capsules contain
|Roseroot Extract (Rhodiola rosea) (root) (3.5% rosavins)||200 mg|
|Suma Powder (Pfaffia paniculata) (root)||200 mg|
|Siberian Ginseng Extract (Eleutherococcus senticosus) (root) (0.25% eleutheroside B, 0.4% eleutheroside E)||200 mg|
|Schisandra Extract (Schisandra chinensis) (fruit) (2% schisandrins)||160 mg|
|Ashwagandha Extract (Withania somnifera) (root) (1.5% withanolides)||160 mg|
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
This product does not contain artificial preservatives, colours, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
References and Studies:
1. Edwards D, Heufelder A, Zimmermann A. Therepeutic effects and safety of Rhodiola rosea extract WS 1375 in subjects withlife-stress symptoms—results of an open-label study. Phytother Res 2012;26:1220-5.
2. Spasov AA, Wikman GK, Mandrikov VB, et al. A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of the stimulating and adaptogenic effect of Rhodiola rosea SHR-5 extract on the fatigue of students caused by stress during an examination period with a repeated low-dose regimen. Phytomedicine 2000;7:85–9.
3. Spasov AA, Mandrikov VB, Mironova IA. The effect of the preparation rhodiosin on the psychophysiological and physical adaptation of students to an academic load. Eksp Klin Farmakol 2000;63:76-8.
4. Shevtsov VA, Zholus BI, Shervarly VI, et al. A randomized trial of two different doses of SHR-5 rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work. Phytomed 2003;10:95-105.
5. Olsson EMG, von Scheele B, Panossian AG. A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallelgroup study of the standardised extract shr-5 of the roots of Rhodiola rosea in the treatment of subjects with stress-related fatigue. Planta Med 2009;75:105-12.
6. Dimpfel W. Neurophysiological effects of Rhodiola rosea extract containing capsules:A double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled study. International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences 2014;3:157-165.
7. Facchinetti F, Neri I, Tarabusi M. Eleutherococcus senticosus reduces cardiovascular response in healthy subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Stress Health 2002;18:11-17.
8. Farnsworth N, Kinghorn A, Soejarto D, et al. Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus): current status as an adaptogen. In Wagner H, Hikino H, Farnsworth NR (eds.). Economic and Medicinal Plant Research, Vol. I.London, UK: Academic Press;1985:155-215, 217-84.
9. Panossian A, Wikman G. Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: an overview of Russian research and uses in medicine. J Ethnopharmacol 2008;118:183-212.
10. Lebedev AA. On the pharmacology of Schizandra. In: Lazarev NV, ed. Materials for the Study of Ginseng and Schizandra. Moscow: Far East Branch of USSR Academy of Science;1995:178-88.
11. Lebedev AA. Schizandrin—a new stimulant from Schizandra chinensis fruits. Dissertation for a Degree in Medicine. Tashkent, Tashkent University 1967;16.
12. Lebedev AA. Appraisal of the stimulative action of Schizandra chinensis. In: Materials for the Study of the Stimulative and Tonic Actions of Ginseng and Schizandra chinensis; Moscow: Academy of Science of USSR;1995:182-85.
13. Aslanyan G, Amroyan E, Gabrielyan E, et al. Double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised study of the single dose effects of ADAPT-232 on cognitive functions. Phytomed 2010;17:494-499.
14. Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized doubleblind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med 2012;34:255-262.
15. Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med 2012;34:255-62.
16. Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, et al. A standardized Withania somnifera extract significantly reduces stress-related parameters in chronically stressed humans: A double-blind, randomized, placebocontrolled study. JANA. 2008;11:50-56.
17. Andrade C, Aswath A, Chaturvedi SK, et al. A double blind, placebo-controlled evaluation of the anxiolytic efficacy of an ethanolic extract of Withania somnifera. Indian J Psychiatry2000;42:295–301.
18. Cooley K, Szczurko O, Perri D, et al. Naturopathic Care for Anxiety: A Randomized Controlled Trial ISRCTN78958974. PLoS One 2009;4:e6628.
19. Pratte MA, Nanavati KB, Young V, et al. An alternative treatment for anxiety: a systematic review of human trial results reported for the Ayurvedic herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). J Altern Complement Med 2014;20:901-908.
Who can take AdrenaSense? Is it safe for men to take, or is it only a women’s product? AdrenaSense can be used by men and women, teenagers, and adults – as all of us are affected by daily stressors.
I am not sure about the ingredient “Siberian Ginseng”. Can you tell me more about it? Siberian Ginseng is not actually a ginseng, but it is called one because of its similar properties. It has been shown to normalize reactions to physical and mental stress. It can promote vital energy, reduce the frequency of illness, regulate blood sugar, protect the liver, and support optimal adrenal function.
When is the best time of the day to take AdrenaSense for problems sleeping at night? It is recommended to take AdrenaSense earlier in the day (i.e., with breakfast and/or lunch) as the herbs in this formula do support adrenal gland function, which can be stimulating in some people. However, because AdrenaSense does support adrenal gland function, it will also help indirectly with melatonin production – which also helps with sleep. Is AdrenaSense gluten free? Yes, we do have confirmation on file that there is no gluten added and no gluten present in AdrenaSense. However, our manufacturing facility is NOT a gluten free facility, and as we do process products that contain gluten we are unable to confirm 100% that there is no possibility of cross contamination.
Still have a question? Don’t hesitate to ask.
You May Also Like:
Helps you feel like yourself again since it is designed to provide relief for your most bothersome menopause symptoms, including painful periods, hormonal acne and PMS.
Designed to help with many bothersome menopause symptoms including hot flashes, night sweats and irritability. Take control daily with MenoSense.
Specifically designed to help with weight management, fatigue and thinning hair, ThyroSense will help restore the balance that helps you feel like yourself.